BATI BIHARI STYLE MUTTON CURRY
Dal baati has been forever the best couple since generations but the lesser known ones are bati with the non vegetarian gravy. This truly authentic recipe is sure to excite your taste buds . Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Whole wheat flour 2 cups
2. Baking powder 1/4tsp
3. Ghee 1/4 cup
4. Salt as needed.
5. Water to knead semi tough dough.
1. Mix flour ghee baking soda salt and ghee. Mix very well till the whole mixture holds shape when held tight. Now add water and make a semi tight dough. Make batis ( no need to rest the dough )
2. Take an appe pan add ghee in all holes . Place the bati one in each depression. Put lid on and cook on medium to sim for 15 mins. Turn sides and let it cook with lid on for 15 mins.
2. Once done remove and keep aside.
1. Moong dal split half cup
2. Chana dal 1/4cup
3. Split masoor dal 1/4 cup
5. Mustard seeds 1 tsp
6. Jeera 1tsp
7. Hing a pinch
8. Slit green chillies 2
9. Onions 2 finely chopped.
10. Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
11. Tomatoes 2 finely chopped.
12. Turmeric 1/4tsp
13. Red chilly powder 1/4tsp
14. Garam masala 1/4 tsp
15. Salt as per taste
16. Chopped coriander 2tbsp.
1. Pressure cook all dals with 1tsp ghee and water till cooked.
2. In a kadhai add ghee add mustard Jeera hing fry well.
3. Add onions slit chillies and cook till nice and pink.
4. Add tomatoes and salt let it go mushy. Then add garam masala red chilly powder haldi powder.
5. Cook well add dals and mix well adding 1 cup water or more acc to your taste of consistency.
6. Simmer for 10mins add coriander leaves chopped.
FOR BIHARI MUTTON CURRY
1. Mutton with bones 1kg
2. Mustard oil as needed.
3. Onions 4 thinly sliced.
4. Red chilly whole 2
5. Bay leaf 2
6. Ginger garlic green chilly paste 5 tbsp.
7. Red chilly powder 2 tbsp.
8. Coriander powder 2 tbsp.
9. Make a paste in mixer made of 5 cloves 1 black cardamom 10 black pepper 2 inch cinammon stick and 3 to 4 green cardamom adding little water.
10. Hot Water while cooking
12. Chopped coriander leaves.
1. In a pressure cooker add enough mustard oil to fry the mutton till it turns white . Remove and keep aside.
2. In same oil add bay leaf red chillies whole and onions. Fry till nice brown.
3. Add ginger garlic green chilly paste
4. Cook well if masala sticks keep adding little hot water in between.
5. Cook for 2 mins. Add red chilly powder and coriander seeds powder. Cook well for 5 mins adding little water so that masala dosent stick to cooker.
6. Add mutton and the masala paste u made consisting of whole spices.
7. Add 1 cup water let it boil add salt. Pressure cook on high for 1 flame then reduce to sim for 10 mins.
8. Once pressure releases add chopped coriander check for salt.
9. Serve dal bati and bihari mutton curry in a plate.