This recipe is staple in tamilnadu. They have it in breakfast with sambhar and chutney. Made during makarsankrati too. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Ghee 2 tbsp
2. Washed soaked rice half cup.
3. Washed soaked moong dal half cup.
5. Curry leaves
6. Ginger 1 inch chopped finely
7. Kaju pieces 5 to 6.
8. Cumin seeds 1 tsp
9. Hing half tsp.
10. Green chilies slit 3
1. In a pressure cooker add ghee roast rice and moong. Add 4 cups water and salt. Let it whistle 4 times then shut the gas.
2. Open lid mix well.
3. In small pan heat ghee add cumin ginger green chillies curry leaves kaju pieces. Fry well and add to rice.
4. Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar