A very simple bengali vegetable curry. The best part is this can be made in a jiffy and tastes amazing with steamed rice and pickle. Comforting as well as healthy. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Potol ( Parval )
2. Kalonji seeds half tsp
3. Mustard oil 3tbsp for cooking and 1 tbsp for garnish
4. Turmeric 2 tsp mixed with little water to form thin paste
5. Sugar a pinch
7. Hot water half cup.
8. Slit green chillies 4
1. Remove skin on parval leaving alternate gaps to ensure it dosent smudge in gravy.
2. In a kadhai add oil let it smoke out add kalonji then add parval cook for 5 minutes till nice and brown.
3. Add turmeric paste sugar and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add water and slit green chillies and sim for 2 mins.
5. Garnish with mustard oil.
6. Serve hot with steam rice along with pickle papad.