SOYA MATAR PULAV
Sometimes the regular pulav biryani gets monotonous and you feel like experimenting with ingredients available in your kitchen. This recipe was curated in my kitchen out of boredom from the regular rice pulav. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Basmati rice 2 cups
2. Ghee 5tbsp
3. Bay leaf 2
4. Cloves 3 to 5
5. Cinnamon stick 1inch
6. Fennel seeds 1tsp
7. Cumin seeds 1tsp
8. Garlic 10 pods
9. Ginger 1inch
10. Green chillies 2
11. Onions sliced 2
12. Tomatoes chopped 1
13. Green peas half cup
14. Soya chunks 1 cup ( soaked in hot water and squeezed )
15. Red chilly powder 1tsp
16. Turmeric powder 1 tsp
17. Garam masala 1 tsp
18. Coriander powder 1tsp
19. Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
20. Lemon 1 big
21. Salt to taste
22. Water 3.5 cups
1. Soak rice in enough water for 30 mins.
2. In a big kadhai add ghee add all whole spices bay leaf cumin cinnamon cloves fennel seeds.
3. Let them sizzle add sliced onions fry them till light brown.
4. In a mixer make paste of ginger garlic green chilli and add to the onions.
5. Saute well add tomatoes cook for a while.
6. Add powdered spices and dash of water so that masala dosent stick to kadhai. Roast the masala well.
7. Add green peas and soya chunks ( squeeze) add salt and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add rice and fry for 2 mins.
9. Add water lemon juice and salt.
10. After a good boil turn flame to lowest for 16 mins.
11. Let it rest for 10 mins. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
12. Serve hot with raita.