The ultimate soulfood that requires no introduction and at the same time cant pen down how much its healthy good to taste and eat this . It’s a meal in itself but once combined with achar papad it takes your food prana to another level. Dont forget to enjoy this with a dollop of ghee on top . This recipe is my take on this humble healthy delicious khichdi. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it .
1. Rice 1 cup
2. Moong half cup
3. Toor dal half cup
4. Tomatoes 1 large chopped
5. Oil 4 tbsp
6. Onions 1 large finely chopped
7. Asafoetida 1 tsp
8. Turmeric 1 tsp
9. Red chilly powder 1 tsp
10. Cumin seeds 2 tsp
11. Curry leaves 2 sprig
12. Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
13. Green chillies 2 finely chopped.
14. Garam masala 1 tsp
15. Coriander leaves half cup chopped finely.
16. Salt to taste
17. Lemon 1
1. Wash dals and rice together and soak for 30 mins.
2. In a pressure cooker add oil add cumin seeds let it sizzle add Asafoetida curry leaves and green chillies.
3. Add onions saute till light brown add tomatoes and salt.
4. Cook for 2 mins add chilly powder garam masala turmeric powder cook well adding little water.
5. Add rice and dals and add 5 cups water. Add lemon juice check salt.
6. Pressure cook on high till 1 whistle and on lowest for 10 minutes. Switch off. Let pressure release on own .
7. Once pressure released add chopped coriander leaves.
8. Serve hot with 1 tbsp ghee on top