This chutney is spicy garlicky and best to go with your paratha s or a dip for your deep fried Indian snacks… I unusually enjoy this by putting this in bun maska and having with coffee. Do try this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Whole red chillies 1 cup
2. Garlic cloves peeled 20
3. Ginger 1 inch
4. Sugar half tsp ( optional )
5. Mustard seeds 1tsp
6. Cumin seeds half tsp
7. Asafoetida 2 pinches
8. Salt acc to taste
9. Oil 2tbsp
1. Soak chillies in boiling water for 20 mins. Discard the water and keep the chillies aside.
2. In a pan add 1 tbsp oil fry the garlic and ginger till brown. Now add red chillies and roast till chillies puff. Dont let it turn brown or black.
3. In a mixer add this ginger garlic chilly mix along with sugar and 2 tbsp water.
4. In a pan add 1 tbsp oil add cumin Asafoetida and mustard seeds let them crackle. Now add the garlic ginger chilly paste and cook till oil separates.
5. Store in airtight container .