This is a bengali variant recipe of chicken with base gravy of poppy seeds and cashews. This gravy has slight essence of kewra and saffron too. Mildly spices but a very aromatic and rich gravy is what I am presenting you now. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Cashews 12
2. Poppy seeds 2 tbsp ( soak both poppy seeds and cashew in hot water for 20 mins and make a paste in mixer.
3. Ginger paste 1 tbsp
4. Garlic paste 1tbsp
5. Oil 2tbsp
6. Ghee 3tbsp
7. Clove 4 to 5
8. Black peppercorns 8
9. Cinnamon 2 inch
10. Green cardamom 2
11. Black cardamom 2
12. Red chillies 4 to 5
13. White pepper powder 1tsp
14. Garam masala 1 tsp
15. Onion chilly paste ( 1 large onion with 3 green chillies )
16. Kewra essence 2 drops
17. Chicken curry cut 1kg
18. Kesar soaked in milk a few
19. Yoghurt 1 cup
1. In a bowl mix chicken garlic paste ginger paste and curd. Marinate for 1hr
2. Heat ghee and oil in a kadhai add cloves black cardamom green cardamom and dry red chillies. Fry till sizzles
3. Add onion paste let it turn pink brown then add chicken along with marinate cook on high flame.
4. Make paste of soaked cashew and poppy seeds and add to this.
5. Add white pepper powder salt garam masala powder . Add 1 cup water .
6. Once it comes to boil lower the flame and cook on sim for 30 mins.
7. Add kewra essence and soaked kesar strands along with milk in which its soaked.
8. Enjoy with paratha luchi or rice .