This was on my to do list since so long. Steamed rice dumplings are cooked in prawns gravy along with freshly roasted ground spices . Typical Manglorean recipe and an all time hit in south . This recipe is my take on it. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Idli rawa 1 cup
2. Oil 2 tsp
3. Mustard seeds half tsp
4. Curry leaves 1 sprig
5. Water 3 cups
6. Salt to taste.
1. Coconut oil 5 tbsp
2. Onions finely chopped 1
3. Turmeric powder 1 tsp
4. Coriander seeds 2 tbsp
5. Cumin seeds 1 tsp
6. Methi seeds half tsp
7. Red chilly powder 1 tsp
8. Garlic 8 to 9 cloves
9. Ginger 1 inch
10. Lemon juice of 2
11. Coconut scraped half
12. Sugar half tsp
13. Coriander leaves 4 tbsp
1. For pundi heat oil in a pan add mustard curry leaves let them splutter.
2. Add rawa roast on medium flame till aromatic and roasted properly for 5 to 6 minutes.
3. In another vessel boil 3 cups water and keep ready.
4. Once rawa is roasted add water mix well. It turns sticky first then will get combined to form a mass . Keep cooking on medium flame.
5. Once done remove from fire let it cool down. Once cooled take a little dough and shape into desired size balls. I like to keep it small.
6. Steam these balls in steamer for 15 minutes.
7. For yetti take pan heat oil add methi seeds cumin seeds coriander seeds peppercorns ginger garlic fry till fragrant.
8. Put this in mixie jar along with coconut and 2 cups water. Grind to fine paste
9. In a vessel add coconut oil add onions curry leaves and turmeric powder fry till brown . Add the masala paste add salt lemon sugar let it cook for 10 mins.
10. Add prawns cook well till done. Off the gas
11. Add coriander leaves.
12. Let gravy cool a bit then add the pundi. Stir carefully check seasonings. Serve it hot .