KERELA STYLE TOMATOE DAL
North Indians have the best variations and taste in dal than what we south Indians have. Although every south state gas its own way of preparing its dal. This dal is kerela style and my take on this recipe for you. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Tomatoe chopped half cup
2. Toor dal 1 cup
3. Turmeric half tsp.
4. Green chillies 2
5. Jaggery 1 tbsp
6. Grind coconut 1/4 cup with 1 dried red Kashmiri chilly half tsp cumin seeds and 1/4 cup water.
7. For tempering
Half tsp mustard seeds
Curry leaves 1 sprig
1 dried chilly
Chopped onions 1 / 4 cup
1. Clean wash dal soak for 30 minutes drain and keep aside.
2. Combine dal turmeric powder salt 3 cups water in cooker mix and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Open after pressure is released.
3. Whisk well add tomatoe prepared paste green chilly jaggery with 1 cup water cook well for 7 minutes . Add salt
4. For tempering heat oil add mustard seeds curry leaves dried red chilly. Saute and add onions cook till they turn red.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves.