ROHU IN MUSTARD GRAVY
This was my recent try out on mustard gravy after going
through a lot of recipes on net. This gravy is rich creamy and delivers
the best taste to your palate. Do try out this recipe and let me know
how you like it.
1. Rohu 1 fish
2. Onions 1 sliced
3. Poppy seeds 1 tbsp
4. Black mustard seeds 1 tbsp
5. Yellow mustard 2 tbsp
6. Green chillies 5 to 6
7. Mustard oil half cup
8. Ginger 1 inch
9. Garlic 10
10. Jeera 1 tsp
11. Turmeric 1 tsp
12. Lemon 1
13. Salt to taste
14. Sugar half tsp.
1. Soak both mustard and poppy seeds in hot water for 30 minutes.
2. Strain this put in a mixie jar add ginger garlic onions green chillies and blend to a smooth paste adding little water.
3. In a kadhai heat mustard oil. Once smokey add turmeric powder and poppy seed mustard paste.
4. Cook well add 1 cup water salt sugar let it boil. Cook on low flame for 10 mins.
5. Add fish pieces check salt and sugar.
6. Cook till done.
7. Add chopped coriander leaves.
8. Give rest time of 15 mins. Serve hot with rice roti