CARROT PEAS UPPUKARI
Simple south style subzi prepared in day to day life. You can replace almost all veggies of your choice. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Carrots finely chopped 1 cup
2. Green peas 1 cup
3. Mustard seeds 1 tsp
4. Asafoetida half tsp
5. Curry leaves 10 to 11.
6. Garlic chopped 5 to 6
7. Ginger 1 inch chopped
8. Green chillies 5 chopped finely.
9. Turmeric powder half tsp
10. Chopped coriander leaves 4 tbsp
11. Shredded coconut 1/4 cup
12. Lemon 1
13. Salt to taste
1. In a kadhai heat 2 tbsp oil add mustard seeds let it crackle add green chillies ginger garlic curry leaves Asafoetida. Cook well . Add turmeric
2. In a steamer steam veggies till done
3. Mix steamed veggies to this tempering pan .
4. Add coconut cook well. Squeeze a lemon check salt. Garnish with coriander leaves.
5. Serve hot with sambhar rice or roti.