BIHARI STYLE CHICKEN CURRY
The main essence of any bihari dish is to bhuno the masala . ” bhuj lo ” to be precise in bihari language. Every ingredient added into pan has to be very well sauteed so that the final outcome is way delicious than you ever thought. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Mustard oil half cup.
2. Onions finely chopped 3
3. Chicken 1 kg
4. Bay leaf 1
5. Cinammon half inch
6. Cardamom 3
7. Cloves 4 to 5
8. Garlic 10 to 11
9. Ginger 2 inch
10. Green chillies 5
11. Tomatoes 4 chopped finely.
12. Turmeric powder 1 tsp
12. Red chilly powder 1 tsp
13. Coriander powder 1tsp
14. Jeera powder half tsp
15. Garam masala 1 tsp
16. Coriander leaves chopped 5 tbsp.
18. Sugar to taste
1. In a kadhai heat mustard oil.
2. Add cardamom bay leaf cinammon and cloves let it sizzle well and stir well so that flavors go into the oil
3. Add chopped onions and fry them nicely till dark brown ( not burnt )
4. In a mixer add ginger garlic green chilies and make a paste add this into kadhai.
5. Cook well till raw flavors go.
6. Add tomatoes and salt.
7. Cook till tomatoes goes soft and pasty. It will take 15 minutes
8. Add all dry masala coriander powder red chilly powder Jeera powder turmeric powder.
9. Cook well and add chicken .
10. Fry on high for 10 minutes till chicken turns brown.
11. Now add half cup warm water mix well check salt .
12. Cook on lowest flame for 30 minutes stirring well in between
13. Add garam masala and chopped coriander leaves.
14. Enjoy with roti paratha rice