Vada pav is Every mumbaikars go to street food . Spiced potatoe dumplings are deep fried in gram flour paste and had with pav along with various spicy sweet chutneys . Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how you liked it.
1. Potatoes boiled 5
2. Oil 1 tsp
3. Turmeric half tsp
4. Ginger 2 inches
5. Green chillies 5 to 6
6. Garlic 10 to 12
7. Coriander leaves chopped 2 tbsp
8. Lemon 1
9. Gram flour 1 cup
10. Soda a pinch
11. Turmeric half tsp for gram flour mix
13. Oil to deep fry .
1. Mash the boiled potatoes keep aside.
2. In a mixie grind chillies garlic ginger finely without water
3. In a kadhai add oil add turmeric and ginger garlic green chilly paste
4. Add salt chopped coriander and lemon juice.
5. Check for seasonings and spices.
6. Remove in a flat plate and let it cool
7. In a bowl add gram flour turmeric salt and soda add enough water to make batter ( dont make thick batter or the outer covering will be thick of the vadas. Dont make it thin as it will all spread out in oil while frying. Get a medium consistency batter. )
8. In a deep kadhai add oil let it get hot
9. Make potatoe dumplings of small ball sized and keep in a plate. Dip one ball coat in gram flour mixture coat well with help if a spoon and drop this in hot oil .
10. Fry till golden brown
11. Serve with pav and spicy chutney