One of the most staple breakfast for a mumbaikar is this kande pohe made with few minimum spices and served best with sev and lemon wedge. I love my pohe to be a bit sweet a bit sour and spicy. Do try this simple recipe and let me know how you like it.
1. Poha / jada poha 2 cups
2. Ghee 2 tbsp
3. Mustard seeds 1 tsp
4. Curry leaves 1 sprig
5. Ginger finely chopped 2 tsp
6. Green chillies chopped finely 3
7. Asafoetida half tsp
8. Peanuts 3 tbsp
9. Onions 2 small finely chopped
10. Sugar 1tsp
11. Lemon juice of 1
12. Salt to taste
13. Coriander leaves to garnish
14. Milk 2 tbsp
15. Turmeric half tsp
16. Nylon sev to serve
1. In a colander wash poha and leave it aside till u make the preparation. ( no soaking required just wash throughly in running water and strain and let it rest )
2. In a kadhi heat ghee add mustard seeds let it splutter add peanuts . Let it get done.
3. Add ginger green chillies curry leaves. Cook for 30 secs
4. Add chopped onions fry till translucent pink. Add asafoetida.
5. Add turmeric and add poha mix well. Add sugar salt .
6. Add milk and let it cook on lowest flame for 5 mins
7. Add chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.
8. Serve hot with nylon sev on top with a lemon wedge