SHEVGA BATATA RASSA
Another staple curry from the maharashtrian cuisine having coconut base with few spices powders and ghoda masala to add to the richness. Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Drumsticks. 3
2. Onions finely chopped 2
3. Tomatoes chopped 2
4. Coconut half cup
5. Garlic 7 to 8
6. Ginger 1 inch
7. Green chillies 2
8. Mustard seeds 1tsp
9. Asafoetida half tsp
10. Curry leaves 8 to 9
11. Turmeric half tsp
12. Red chilly powder 1tsp
13. Ghoda masala 1 tsp
14. Tamarind marble size.
15. Potatoes 3 to 4 cut diced
16. Coriander leaves to garnish
17. Salt to taste
18. Oil 2 tbsp.
1. Boil potatoes and drumsticks in 2 cups water till done .
2. In a pan add 1 tsp oil fry the onions garlic ginger and coconut till light brown .
3. Blend this with red chilly powder turmeric powder ghoda masala and tamarind into fine paste using half cup water
4. Heat little oil in other vessel add mustard seeds let it crack add asafoetida and curry leaves. Add chopped tomatoes
5. Fry till cooked well. Add the ground spice paste with 2 cups water and let it come to boil.
6. Add salt and sim on low gas for 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with steam rice or bhakri