A special rice preparation made by combining few aromatic spices and lots of veggies . I have used ghoda masala that has roasted dry coconut powder in it . If your store bought masala has no coconut kindly add 2 tbsp of roasted and ground dry coconut in the masala. Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like.
1. Rice. 1 cup soaked for 30 mins
2. Mix veggies peas cauliflower potatoes carrots beans total 1 cup .
3. Onion chopped 1 small
4. Tomatoes 1 finely chopped.
5. Ghee 1 tbsp
6. Cumin half tsp
7. Bay leaf 1
8. Asafoetida half tsp
9. Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
10. Turmeric powder 1tsp
11. Ghoda masala 1 tbsp
12. Green chillies finely chopped 3
13. Red chilly powder 1 tsp
15. Coriander leaves to garnish.
1. In a thick bottomed kadhai add ghee saute cumin seeds and bay leaf till aromatic.
2. Add asafoetida and onions fry till onions are dark pink.
3. Add tomatoes cook for 1 minute
4. Add turmeric ginger garlic paste ghoda masala red chilly powder . ( add roasted and ground dry coconut if your ghoda masala doesn’t have coconut ) .
5. Cook for 2 minutes . Add all veggies saute well.
6. Add rice and saute for 2 minutes.
7. Add 2 cups water and salt.
8. Once water comes to a good boil place the lid and put gas on low for 15 minutes.
9. Switch off the gas and do not open lid for 10 minutes.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves.
11. Serve with Raita