Stuffed bhindi is a versatile dish in all states of India. In South we stuff these with coconut and ground masala . In north they use mustard oil. This is a gujrati style dish that has peanuts coconuts and spices that gives a lovely accompaniment with simple dal rice . Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Small bhindi 250 grams
2. Oil 2tbsp
3. Asafoetida / hing 1/4 tsp
1. Grated fresh coconut 3tbsp
2. Roasted crushed peanuts 2 tbsp
3. White sesame seeds 1/2 tbsp
4. Red chilly powder 1tsp
5. Coriander powder 1tsp
6. Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
7. Cumin powder 1tsp
8. Dry mango powder 1tsp
10. Ginger green chilly paste 1tsp
11. Sugar 1/2 tsp
1. Wash clean pat dry bhindi s and cut vertically .
2. Take a bowl add all ingredients for stuffing and stuff in bhindi
3. Take a tawa add oil and hing and then add bhindi s
4. Cover and cook on low flame and keep turning.
5. Serve hot with roti or rice