CRISPY MASALA DOSA
Being born in a manglorean house idli and dosa s have been an irreplaceable breakfast on weekends. I love serving these dosa s while they are just out of the cast iron tawa. Do follow this simple recipe and let me know how u like it
INGREDIENTS for dosa
1. Kolam rice 2 cups
2. Urad dal ( split ) 1/2 cup
3. Methi Dana ( fenugreek seeds ) 1/2 tbsp
4. Salt to taste
5. Ghee to brush on dosa
6. Poha ( rice flakes ) 1/4 cup
INGREDIENTS FOR MASALA
1. Boiled mashed potatoes half kg
2. Onions 2 sliced
3. Garlic crushed 4 cloves
4. Green chillies slit 3
5. Turmeric 1/2 tsp
6. Urad dal split 1/2 tsp
7. Sugar as taste
8. Lemon juice half
10. Oil 2 tbsp
11. Coriander leaves a few
12. Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
13. Curry leaves few
1. Soak rice in a vessel with water and Soak urad dal along with methi seeds in another vessel. Let it soak for 5 hours
2. Grind the urad to fine paste and put in a bigger vessel.
3. Add rice and washed rice flakes ( poha ) and blend till smooth.
4. Don’t add salt at this stage. Mix well and store in warm place for overnight or 9hrs
5. Once fermented add salt before making dosa s.
6. Take a laddle full and swirl on cast iron as thin as u want.
7. Cover for 30 seconds let it cook… then remove the lid and brush with ghee.
1. In a pan take oil add mustard seeds add urad dal let it brown add onions and curry leaves cook till onions get dark pink
2. Add green chillies and crushed garlic
3. Add turmeric and add potatoes mix well adding salt sugar
4. At the end add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves
5. Serve hot dosa with the masala stuffed in while dosa is being cooked in tawa.
6. Enjoy with coconut chutney .