This authentic SINDHI kadhi is a home bound speciality of sindhi community. It consists of variety of fried veggies cooked in a light gravy to relish it with plain steam rice on a lazy day. Do follow my RECIPE and let me know how u like it.
1. Potatoes 2 medium sized
2. Tinda 2 peeled and cut into 4
3. Arbi 2 cut into 4 pieces
4. Bhindi 7 to 8 cut and slit
5. French beans 4 to 5 cut into 1 inch
6. Gavar 4 to 5 cut into 1 inch
5. Brinjal 4 to 5 cut in slices
6. Green chillies 3
7. Tamarind 2 lemon size soaked in half cup water
8. Warm water 4 to 4.5 cups
9. Gram flour/ besan 3 to 3.5 tbsp
10. Red chilly powder 1tsp
11. Turmeric 1tsp
12 methi seeds 1tsp
13. Jeera 1tsp
14 . Curry leaves few
15. Oil for frying veggies
16. 4tbsp oil
1. Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry arbi bhindi and brinjal separately for 5 minutes on medium flame .
2. Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker add methi seeds and cumin . When they start splattering add gram flour and roast on slow flame till golden.
3. Add 3 cups of water and keep stirring so that no lumps are formed . Add salt turmeric red chilly powder curry leaves potatoes tinda . ( can add bhe too as an additional veggie )
4. Pressure cook to 1 whistle and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from fire and let pressure drop by itself
5. Mash the tamarind and strain to get pulp add tamarind pulp to curry and bring to a boil
6. Add beans guvar whole chillies . Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes . Add the fried veggies and serve with rice.