One of the famous street food of Delhi made by deep frying batter made of lentils and served with grated radish and green CHUTNEY. I make this for breakfast and it’s a real delight to relish this everytime we have it. Do try out this RECIPE and let me know how u like it . Adapted from nita mehta book.
1. Dhuli moong dal 1/ 2 cup
2. Channa dal 1/2 cup
3. Salt to taste
4. Oil for deep frying
1. Wash both dals and soak it overnight in water
2. Next day strain them grind them in mixer with very little water only if required to make a smooth paste .
4. Beat the ground dal in a bowl with an electric hand mixer for 5 to 7 minutes till it feels light and frothy of soft dropping consistency.
5. Add salt mix well . Can beat batter with hand too if no beater
6. Heat oil in a kadhai … once hot use wet fingers to put small amounts of batter in hot oil
7. Fry till it gets golden in colour
8. Drain on tissue and serve hot with grated radish and green chutney.