This fish curry is tangy and very delicious to hog with steam rice. Tamarind is used here so that u get the perfect tangyness in this curry. Very mild usage of spices I present you nita mehta s recipe of this fish curry
1. Fish 500 grams
2. Red chilly powder 1tsp
3. Turmeric 1/2tsp
4. Garlic paste 1tsp
5. Green chillies 5 chopped.
6. Tamarind pulp 1/4cup
7. Salt as per taste
8. Coriander leaves chopped 1/4cup
9. Oil 1/2 cup
10. Mustard seeds 1/2tsp
11. Tomatoes 2 chopped.
12. Ginger julliens to garnish
1. Apply salt lime juice in fish and keep for 15 minutes after that wash and drain.
2. In a bowl mix red chilly powder turmeric powder garlic paste green chillies tamarind pulp salt coriander leaves mix and keep it aside.
3. Add oil in a wide bottom pan add mustard s eeds let them crackle then add masala paste cook for 6 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes cook for 4 minutes till it is cooked add half cup water and cook.
5. Add fish cook on low flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
6. Check salt and garnish with ginger julliens.