No introduction for this ever demanding and yummy delicacy or chaat for people of all age groups . Deep fried urad dal balls soaked in spicy sweet curd to give you the best experience when it melts in your mouth . Do try out this recipe and let me know how u like it
1. Urad dal split 2 cups
2. Cumin seeds 1tsp
2. Green chillies 2 finely chopped
3. Salt to taste
4. Water to soak the vadas
5. Soda 1/2tsp
🔹FOR DAHI MIXTURE
1. Dahi 2 and half cups
2. Water half cup
3. Roasted cumin powder 1tsp
4. Red chilly powder 1tsp
5. Coriander leaves finely chopped 1/4cup
6. Green chutney 2tbsp
7. Tamarind/dates chutney 2tbsp
9.Powdered sugar 1/2 cup
10. Rock salt 1tsp
11. Salt to taste .
1. Soak urad dal for 4 hours.
2. In a mixer blend the urad dal with no water. If needed only 1tbsp water.
3. Remove it in a bowl add cumin seeds green chillies salt and soda.
4. Whisk it well for 10 minutes till batter turns fluffy. To check of batter is ready after whisking with hand with open fingers drop a pinch in water if it floats it’s ready .
5. Heat oil in kadhai once hot add spoonfuls of batter and fry on medium flame till light golden brown.
6. Remove it on a plate
7. Once all vadas are fried add these into water and put salt let it soak for 2 mins
8. Remove it and lightly squeeze in between palms
9. Keep it aside
10. For dahi mixture take dahi in bowl add salt powdered sugar and half cup water and whisk it properly.
11. In a wide vessel arrange all vadas.
12. Top it up with all the curd mixture.
13. Sprinkle rock salt red chilly powder roasted cumin seed powder coriander leaves
14. Add green chutney on top and dates tamarind chutney. (For both recipe check my chart section on blog)
15. Cover it with a foil and chill in fridge till ready to serve.