The best thing about sindhi cuisine is they make use of minimal spices and many of their dishes are so easy to prepare yet a hit in the menu list when it comes to serve your guests or tea party or kitty parties . This side dish aloo tuk is a very easy recipe and can be had with simple dal rice and curd on those days when you dont really feel like cooking a lot still want to have something nice to go with daily dal chawal. Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Baby potatoes 250 grams cut into half
2. Salt 1tsp
3. Oil for deep frying
1. Red chilly powder 1tsp
2. Coriander powder 1tsp
3. Dry mango powder/amchoor powder 1tsp
1. Prick potatoes with fork sprinkle 1tsp salt mix and marinate them with and rest them for half an hour.
2. Mix all the spices of spice mix in a bowl
3. Heat oil on kadhai once hot fry potatoes in 6 pieces per batch till golden
4. Remove from oil let it cool.
5. Press each piece between palms and refry again in hot oil till brown and crisp
6. Remove them in a plate and sprinkle the spice mix on them .
7. Serve hot with dal rice and roti