This rajma is very mild less spice and too much of a comfort food type. Lentils are cooked with spices and tomatoes to give a distinct flavour. Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Red kidney beans /lal rajma soaked overnight 1 and half cups
2. Split gram dal / chana dal 1tbsp
3. Salt to taste
4. Onions 2
5. Garlic flakes 8
6. Ginger 1 inch piece
7. Oil 6tbsp
8. Bay leaf 1
9. Cloves 2
10. Black cardamom/moti elaichi 1
11. Tomatoes pureed 3
12. Yoghurt 1/2cup
13. Turmeric 1/4tsp
14. Coriander powder 3tsp
15. Dry mango powder 1/4tsp
16. Garam masala 1/2tsp
17. Red chilly powder 1tsp
18. Coriander leaves 2tbsp
1. Pressure cook rajma chana dal with salt together with 10 cups water to give 1 whistle . Keep on low flame for 20 minutes remove from fire. Let pressure settle . Later remove half cup of the lentils from it and keep aside.
2. Grind onion ginger and garlic.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai add tej pata/bay leaf black cardamom and cloves. Fry for 1 minute
4. Add onions paste fry till brown
5. Reduce heat and turmeric coriander powder dry mango powder garam masala and red chilly powder stir for few minutes.
6. Grind tomatoes and add half cup of lentils removed from cooker into fine paste
7. Add tomatoes in kadhai cook till tomatoes are dry and oil separates
8. Add beaten curd and stir continuously on low flame till masala turns red again.
9. Strain the beans and add this to masala . Save the water . Stir fry beanson low flame for 3 minutes
10. Add rajma water and pressure cook again for 10 minutes on low flame after one whistle on high
11. Remove from fire add coriander leaves serve hot with steamed rice