This quick yummy snack is a no fail recipe of my mother since childhood days. A perfect quick snack for your kids and friends on those evenings when you wish to indulge in something unhealthy snack . My mother had stopped making this as I grew really fat and I had got an opportunity to eat this after 17 years when my friend apeksha mehta made this . I fell all in love with this again and felt like I reunited with my lost love of childhood days. Do try out this recipe and let me know how you like it .
1. Potatoes boiled 500 grams
2. Ginger 2 inch
3. Green chillies 4
4. Garam masala 1tsp
5. Lemon juice 1
6. Coriander leaves 1/2 cup finely chopped
8. Salt to taste
9. Bread slices ( wholewheat bread )as much u need
10. Water 1 Cup
1. Mash the boiled potatoes and keep it aside .
2. In a mixer grind ginger and green chilly together to make a paste
3. Add this paste to potatoe mixture .
4. Add salt garam masala lemon juice coriander leaves and mix well.
5. Take bread slice cut the hard edges off .
6. Dip one side of bread in water completely and remove it immediately and squeeze the slice gently in between your palms to remove the water
7. Take a spoonful or more of potatoe mix and place it in centre on slice in a cylindrical shape
8. Close edges by slightly closing and applying pressure till it looks completely sealed.
9. Make more such rolls and keep it in a plate . Put the plate in freezer for 15 minutes
10. Take oil in a frying pan once hot remove rolls from freezer and fry them on medium heat till crisp and brown from all sides
11. Remove in a tissue paper
12. Serve hot with ketchup or coriander mint chutney