Bhindi is all time favourite among all the vegetarians and many if nonvegeteraians too. These lady fingers are not deep fried yet cooked till crisp and they come alive with a mix of whole and powdered spices. The best thing to have this with is plain ghee ki roti and some onions.
Do try out this simple yet tasty recipe of Bhindi and let me know how u like it.
1. Lady fingers/Bhindi 300 grams
2. Gram flour/besan 4tbsp
3. Cumin powder 4tsp
4. Coriander powder 2tsp
5. Fennel/sauf 2tsp powder
6. Dry mango/amchoor powder 2tsp
7. Garam masala 1 and half tsp
8. Red chilly powder 1 and half tsp
9. Turmeric powder 1 and half tsp
10. Salt to taste
11. Oil 5tbsp
12. Fennel seeds/sauf 1/2tsp
13. Nigella seeds/kalonji 1tsp
14. Cumin seeds/jeera 1tsp
15. Green chillies 2 whole
1. Wash cut both ends of lady fingers and slit in between
2. In a mixing bowl add besan red chilly powder cumin powder coriander powder powdered fennel dry mango powder garam masala turmeric powder salt and 2 tbsp oil and mix well .
3. Stuff this mixture in each Bhindi
4. Heat 3tbsp oil add fennel seeds kalonji and cumin seeds
5. When fennel starts to change colour add the lady fingers and whole green chillies
6. Mix well cover with lid cook on low heat for 10 minutes till soft.
7. Uncover and cook for 10 minutes till it turns crisp .
8. Serve hot with ghee ki roti