This was my first trial in breads other than paratha and normal roti. The roti is quite flavourful mild and very filling on its own . When accompanied with the lasun tamatar chutney it brings out an amazing experience of its own
Whenever bored of normal roti subzi do try out this simple recipe and get a change in your taste buds. This famous rajasthani bread has a mix of gram flour and wheat flour. The touch of mint ,fenugreek leaves and anardana seeds makes it a time honoured favourite with every age group. Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it .
INGREDIENTS FOR MISSI ROTI
1. Gram flour/ besan 3 cups
2. Whole wheat flour 1 and half cups
3. Green coriander leaves chopped finely 2tbsp
4. Dry fenugreek leaves/ kasuri methi 2tsp
5. Onion 1 finely chopped
6. Anardana crushed 1tbsp
7. Carom seeds/ajwain 1/2tsp
8. Mint leaves finely chopped 1tsp
9. Red chilly powder 1/2tsp
10. Salt as per taste
11. Oil for cooking
12. Desi ghee for smearing
1. Mix all the ingredients except oil and ghee and form a dough adding water as required.
2. Keep aside covered for 10 minutes
3. Roll into rotis and cook on both sides using oil.
4. When serving smear Desi ghee
5. Serve hot with lasun tamatar chutney
INGREDIENTS FOR LASUN TAMATAR KI CHUTNEY
1. Tomatoes 8 roughly chopped
2. Garlic flakes 10 to 15
3. Oil 1tbsp
4. Asofoetida/hing 1 pinch
5. Mustard seeds 1tsp
6. Salt to taste
7. Coriander leaves 1/2 cup finely chopped
8. Red chilly powder 3/4tsp
9. Sugar 1 and half tsp
1. Book tomatoes and garlic in pressure cooker with 1 Cup water for 3 whistles
2. Cool and grind
3. Heat oil in a pan add asofoetida and when it releases aroma add mustard seeds
4. When seeds starts spluttering reduce the heat and add ground tomatoes.
5. Add salt and saute till water dries out and it becomes a thick paste
6. Add coriander leaves chilly powder and sugar .
7. Saute till everything mixes well with the tomatoes .
8. Remove from heat and let it cool.
9. Refrigerate and serve with missi roti as and when required.