This fish curry is made spicy with use of green chillies. It’s tangy and flavoured with spices blended with curd . This recipe is adapted from Mira mehta s cook book and is very simple easy and quick to prepare. Best to have with roti or naan paratha. Do try out this simple recipe and let me know how u like it.
1. Fish 500 grams
2. Curd 1/2cup
3. Ghee 1/2cup
4. Onions 1 sliced
INGREDIENTS TO BE GRIND TO PASTE
1. Green chillies 5 to 6
2. Cloves 3 to 4
3. Green cardamom 4
4. Coriander leaves 1/4cup
5. Mint leaves 1/4cup
6. Garam masala 1/2 tsp
7. Carom seeds( ajwain ) 1/4tsp
8. Onion 1 finely chopped
9. Garlic 1tsp chopped
10. Ginger 1tsp chopped
1. Apply salt and lemon juice to fish . Rub properly let it rest for 15 mins . Wash under running water
2. Make smooth paste of all ingredients mentioned under ingredients to paste
3. Add this paste in curd and mix well.
4. Heat ghee fry onion slices let it brown. Remove from ghee and keep aside.
5. In remaining ghee add fish and fry till done . Get it in a plate out.
6. Now in the ghee add curd mixture and let it cook for 5 mins. Add salt.
7. Once masala leaves oil add fish and cook for more 5 mins.
8. Garnish with few coriander leaves and pinch of garam masala.