Soft mutton mince cooked with mild spices and baked with mashed potatoes on top makes the best monsoon treat for your family and friends . This dish was in my to do list since so long and finally I made it with so much ease. Few simple ingredients and to your oven to bake the most delicious continental treat . This recipe is adapted from nita Mehta s cookbook series. Here goes the recipe
1. Mutton mince keema 500 grams
2. Onions 2 finely chopped
3. Garlic flakes 6 finely chopped
4. Carrot 1 large
5. Green peas 3/4cup
6. Worcestershire sauce 1tsp
7. Tomato puree 2tbsp
8. Tomato sauce 1tbsp
9. Tabasco sauce few drops or red chilly powder or flakes 1/2 tsp
10. Butter 5tbsp
11. Salt per taste
1. Boiled grated and mashed potatoes 5 large
2. Hot milk 5tbsp
3. Butter 3tbsp
4. Salt pepper to taste
1. Heat butter in pressure cooker add onions brown them slightly.
2. Add garlic stir for 1 min
3. Cook in till mince turns brown
And water evaporates leaving the mince dry
4. Add tomato puree tomato sauce Worcestershire sauce salt chilly flakes or powder or tobassco sauce . Stir for 1 min
5. Add 3/4cup water pressure cook for 1 whistle then lower heat and cook for 4 mins more. Remove from fire.
6. Drop pressure by putting cooker under running water .
7. Remove the lid and return to fire and cook til all water evaporates .
8. Check seasoning . (Can add chopped green chillies if u want it spicy )
9. Spread mince mixture in baking tray
10. For topping mash the boiled potatoes by adding milk and butter and beat well to get soft smooth texture add enough milk to get soft consistency . Add salt and pepper.
11. Cover the mince mixture with potatoes and make designs with fork by making lines on it.
12. Preheat oven to 200 degrees bake for 30 mins till potable turns light brown
13. Give resting time of 15 mins and serve warm .