A most common fast food item sold in manglore and udupi region of Karnataka. These are soft spongy and fried Maida balls are made with curd and a few spices to give the best experience in every bite you have it. A perfect snack for those evenings where you crave for some lovely delights having a tinge of coconut in it.
Here’s my recipe for the goli baje.
1. Maida/all purpose flour 4cups
2. Curd whisked as per you need to form the batter.
3. Green chillies minced 6
4. Jeera 1tsp
5. Ginger minced 1 inch
6. Sugar 4tbsp
7. Baking soda 1tsp
8. Salt as per taste
9. Oil to fry
10. Coconut pieces 4 tbsp
1. In a big bowl add Maida salt jeera ginger green chillies and coconut pieces
2. Add curd till u get a thick batter . It should be thicker than idli batter
3. Now take good 5 mins to beat the batter with your hands with open fingers so that lot of air get s entrapped.
4. Let batter rest for 1hr
5. Add soda and beat the batter again for 5 mins.
6. Heat the oil in kadhai add lump full of batter in oil using your hands .
7. These will fluff up and let them fry on medium flame till it gets nice dark brown colour
8. Take it out in a tissue paper
9. Serve hot with coconut chutney