MANGLOREAN FISH CURRY
Coastal regions are known for its variety of fish preparations . This curry being one of them is the most common curry made in every manglorean s house . This is spicy and tangy yet a comfort food . This curry is made in coconut base with freshly roasted and grinder spices. This recipie is my take on it.
1. Rohu/surmai/pomfret 1kg
2. Coconut scrapped 1cup heaped
3. Coriander seeds 2tbsp
4. Jeera 1tsp
5. Ajwain 1/2tsp
6. Methi seeds 1/2 tsp
7. Garlic cloves 7
8. Kashmiri red dry chillies 9
10. Onions 2 large
11. Curry leaves few
12. Turmeric powder
13. Sugar 1/2tsp
15. Oil for tadka
16. Lemon sized tamarind soaked in half cup water
1. Roast coriander jeera ajwain methi seeds garlic pods red chillies.
2. Grind these along with coconut and water till u get a smooth fine paste
3. Take this mixture in kadhai let it boil add turmeric and 1 finely chopped onion salt and keep on sim for 10 mins.
4. Add strained tamarind water.
5. Add fish and let it cook for not more than 7 mins as fish cooks faster.
6. Take small kadhai for tadka add oil once hot add curry leaves and 1 onion finely chopped
7. Let onions turn brown
8. Add this to curry add sugar.
9. Give a standing time of 30 mins before u consume this yummy curry
10. Serve hot with steamed rice